Over the last few years I’ve noticed a trend in staging advice that honestly we just didn’t think about before. With photo quality and volume increasing it is important to consider that the photos remain in the MLS system long after your home is sold.
Consider your family privacy when staging.
We now often question if open houses are necessary. And we also take care in photographing homes for sale. To keep photos beautiful while securing your family privacy please do the following.
1. Remove your children’s names from their bedroom walls or elsewhere in the home.
2. Remove large family photos and replace with neutral prints.
3. Tuck away your family event calendar.
4. Clear your office and tidy away any financial or personal papers.
5. Explain to young and teenage children that their room will be photographed and ask them to remove anything they do not wish to be public.
6. Remove any valuables from view such as watches or watch boxes, jewelry and storage, electronics, etc.
A staging consultation is available to all of my clients as part of the listing process. We will work together on the details to present your home at its best while respecting your home privacy and security.
Calgary Real Estate Market Updates - Receive monthly updates, develoment news and local real estate news in your inbox.