Cell: 403.850.2446
Office: 403.247.7770
Fax: 403.592.9145
CIR Realty
168 - 8060 Silver Springs Blvd NW
Calgary AB T3B 5K1

Request a Home Evaluation







Preparing for Sale - Getting your Paperwork in Order

In preparing to sell your home, a review of your paperwork and property history are an important part of the process. On listing your home with me, I will go through all of these items with you and assist in making all arrangements.
Real Property Report
A Real Property Report (RPR), is a requirement of sale in our city if you are selling a single family home or a bareland condo.   You either need to provide the RPR you received when you purchased the home if you haven't made any property improvements or you need to arrange for a new PRR with a stamp of compliance from the City of Calgary.
For a detailed description of a Real Property Report visit the Alberta Land Surveyor's Website.   An example of a RPR can be found in the Real Property Report Brochure provided by the ALSA.
Condominium Documents
When selling a condo, a buyer will require you to provide them with a long list of condominium documents so that they can review the condo corporation as part of their purchase. If you don't have any, it is worth it to ask neighbours or the condo board for any documents available. Ordering a full package can cost a few hundred dollars in some cases.
Your Current Mortgage
Your mortgage documents need to be reviewed especially if you purchased your home during the boom period or you purchased the home within a few years with a 5% downpayment.  As well, some mortgages can have high payout penalties.  Understanding your finances and the funds you will receive at the completion of our sale will help you make your best decisions.
Improvements, Permits, Warranties
If you have made improvements to your home since purchase/construction, collect together all related information. When selling your home we can highlight any improvements made. Buyers do ask for property history, improvements, permits and warranty information so have the documents ready to go. 
Utility Bills
It is becoming more common for buyers to ask for information on utility bills, energy usage and energy upgrades. If you have made efforts to improve energy efficiency in your home, you may consider getting an evaluation to determine the EnerGuide rating for your home.
Moving out of Canada or Life Changes
If you are moving out of Canada prior to the sale of your home, been married, separated or divorced since the purchase of your home, special considerations need to be made and I will work with you to ensure you are prepared for sale.
I will work with you so that you are prepared to accept that amazing offer and close your sale quickly. Arrange for a selling consultation today.
Data supplied by CREB®’s MLS® System. CREB® is the owner of the copyright in its MLS® System. The Listing data is deemed reliable but is not guaranteed accurate by CREB®.
The trademarks MLS®, Multiple Listing Service® and the associated logos are owned by The Canadian Real Estate Association (CREA) and identify the quality of services provided by real estate professionals who are members of CREA. Used under license.
The trademarks REALTOR®, REALTORS®, and the REALTOR® logo are controlled by The Canadian Real Estate Association (CREA) and identify real estate professionals who are members of CREA. Used under license.