Over the last few weeks we've all been busy with the festivies of the season and listings slowly declined and sales slowed as the season came upon us.
Now that we focus again on the year ahead, many folks are going to start planning an upcoming move. If you are considering a sale give me a call now so you have time to make preparations and plan for your move.
If you are now listing your home and are ready for showings, here is some advice to make those showings count.
1. Folks that view properties in the winter tend to be serious buyers. Those folks just having a look tend to look more during the spring / summer open house season. Try to accommodate showing times and requests.
2. Shovel your driveway and sidewalk or hire a service. This past weekend a home I showed required us to walk through 2 feet of snow with the side access frozen shut.
3. Please provide a carpet or entry mat at your front door so we can leave our shoes and boots without creating too big a mess.
4. Leave the lights on outside. It is much more inviting and makes access easier in the cold.
5. Please allow your property lockbox to be at or very close to the front door. They don't fare well frozen into the ground, buried in snow, attached to side back fences and other fun places to access.
6. Leave the heat on. Cold floors and drafts aren't showing features. Please keep the heat on for comfort.
Thank you and good luck with your sale.